A new 30-bed secure unit in Prestwich will accept adult male patients from Salford who need to be cared for in a secure setting.
Salford online article here…
- Has planning permission been sought/granted ?
- Have the public and staff been consulted ?
- Who would be funding this: GMW BURY COUNCIL for where it is situated or SALFORD COUNCIL as it is for SALFORD PATIENTS?
- What effect would this have on Salford, Bolton and Trafford’s Mental Health Units with all the bed/ward closures, would these smaller units stay open or is THE START OF THE END FOR THEM?
- All the staff from Council & NHS that he has spoken to know nothing about this.