Different CCGs will ask that these questions are put in different forms e.g Trafford CCG has asked for our questions about privatisation to be in the form of Freedom of Information request. Other CCG’s have been more flexible to information requests.
A suggested form for the questions could be:
As of March 2013, of the current budget Trafford PCT/CCG for 2012/13
- how much has been spent acquiring services from non-NHS organisations (private or “third sector”)? (This could be directly purchased or be part of a larger commission e.g with other PCTs/CCGs). What proportion of the budget does this represent?
- which clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic services have been purchased?
- which consultant / planning/ management services have been commissioned (e.g. to Mental Health Strategies in Manchester CCGs) ?
For the years from April 2013
- what functions of the CCG:- consultant / planning/ management services have been commissioned from the private sector for 2013/14 and further? Did these firms and organisations have to tender for this work? How much is being spent on these commissions?
- which clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic services have been purchased for 2013/14 and onwards by CCG?*
- how much is it planned to spend on these various contracts, this year ?
- what proportion of the total current budget for 2013/14 does this represent?
I think we should tell them we are making similar approaches to all the local CCGs.